ART-DECOR contains its own issue management system. All project authors with decor-admin, decor and/or issues rights may add, and/or update issues. The core characteristics of issues in ART-DECOR are:
- Issues are purposely publicly visible to anyone so the process in the project is as transparant as possible
- Issues are related to DECOR-projects
- Issues are related zero or more objects within the DECOR-project
- Supported objects include datasets, data elements, value sets, scenarios, transactions, templates, and other issues
- Issues have a type, a priority, zero or more labels, and may be assigned to a project author
Issues may be subscribed to by projects authors. Upon creation or update an auto-subscription is set for all project authors by matching the issue properties with the auto-subscription setting. A project author subscribes when he is the original author or the current assigned person, unless he has explicitly indicated before that he does want to be notified for this issue. The subscription, indicated with the Follow checkbox on the issue may be cancelled at any time.
Creating a New Issue
In any form where you see the orange flag icon, you may create an issue that is related to the currently selected object on that form. The exception to that is the issue form where you initially create issues without any related object. The benefit of creating issues in context with the object you create the issue for is that ART-DECOR will offer you the link from the object to the issue and vice versa. This means you don't have to elaborately describe what you refer to in the issue and always alerts users about issues with a certain object.
In creating the issue you select the issue type (default: Change Request), a meaningful title, a priority (default: Normal), labels if defined for the project and a descriptive text. As with any other ticketing/issue system try to be concise in what you want done. Also beware that issues are publicly available without login so be nice.
Upon save you will automatically get a subscription based on the fact that you are the author. Whether or not you also get a notification depends on the project/user setting.
Viewing Issues In Various Forms
In almost any form with objects that may have issues assigned to them, there will be a foldable Issues section when there are issues for the currently selected object. When you click on the Issues section you may view these issues. If you are a project author you may set/unset your subscription setting for this issue by clicking the Follow checkbox. For other editing such as assigning or labeling the issue you may link to the Issues form for full edit capabilities.
Searching/Viewing/Editing Issues In The Issue Form
The Issues form, available in the menubar, allows for searching/viewing/editing of issues. Anyone can search/view, only project authors may edit. Additionally project authors with decor-admin rights may define labels (TODO).
Searching issues may be done based on Status (need at least one), Type (need at least one), Priority (may have none checked to get all), Labels (if available, may have none checked to get all), and current assignment. In the Search Terms you either use the last digit or words to get that issue regardless of other criteria. Words match in title and descriptive texts. Search results appear in the Results section and the selected issue details below the Results section.
The Search and Results section may be collapsed/expanded by clicking the title bar.
Full details are displayed for the selected issue giving you everything that happened over time and its current state of affairs such as status and current assignment. If you have rights to edit you may also update various parts of the issue, otherwise the view is comparable to that in any other form. The only addition is the Concerns section that lists all related objects with enough detail to get a feel for them. In other forms you would already be in the context of that object, hence it is not displayed there.
From the issue details on the issues form, see above, and with the appropriate rights, you may edit the following properties of the issue:
- Subscription status - check or uncheck the Follow checkbox
- Title - update the title and use tab or click anywhere else. The new title is immediately active
- Objects - click the button with the plus sign "+" to add or with the cross "x" to remove objects
- Events - click the document button for a new tracking which indicates you have new information to add, or click the arrow pointing right for a new assignment to assign the issue to someone.
- Priority, labels - in adding new info through a new tracking or in assigning the issue, you may also edit the priority and labels (if available in the project)