ART developers manual
Creating a new art-decor.war package
Steps to create the art-decor.war package:
- Download the Community version of Orbeon in zip format from: https://www.orbeon.com/download. For development versions we are running on version Orbeon 2018.1
- unzip, rename orbeon.war to art-decor.war
unzip orbeon-*.zip mkdir build mv ./orbeon*/orbeon.war ./build/art-decor.war cd build
- Unzip and move the original art-decor.war
jar xvf art-decor.war mkdir ../archive mv art-decor.war ../archive
- Copy the configuration files from ART-DECOR repository into the folder. For version 4 Orbeon see:
svn export https://sourceforge.net/p/artdecor/code-0/HEAD/tree/branches/stable/orbeon4/
For development versions with Orbeon 2018:
svn export svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/artdecor/code-0/trunk/orbeon2018/ /bin/cp -Rf orbeon2018/WEB-INF/ . rm -Rf ./orbeon2018
For development versions with Orbeon 2017:
svn export svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/artdecor/code-0/trunk/orbeon2017/ /bin/cp -Rf orbeon2017/WEB-INF/ . rm -Rf ./orbeon2017
- Create the war file:
jar -cvf art-decor.war ./*
- Store the .war file online and link to it from our installation manuals: ART_installation_manual
- Note when installing newer Orbeon versions: If you are running an Orbeon later than 3.9, also update-xforms by running: art/modules/update-xforms.xquery
Creating new .xar packages
ART-DECOR software is deployed through eXist-db .xar packages with the eXist-db package manager. In order to create these packages, the following files should be present in a subversion software repository:
- build.xml: contains meta information on the package, and the version number (in major.minor.build form). For packages containing software the minor number is:
- even for stable releases
- uneven for development (trunk) releases
- expath-pkg.xml.tmpl: a generic template that should normally not be edited
- icon.png: the icon to display in the package manager when installing packages
- pre-install.xql: pre-installation procedure. This is usually package-specific.
- post-install.xql: post-installation procedure. This is usually package-specific and can contain permission settings for collections and files.
- repo.xml.tmpl: information to display in the package manager for this package. This is a generic template that should normally not be edited.
These files can be copied from an existing directory and adapted to this package.
When building .xar packages, a expath-pkg.xml and repo.xml is generated from the .tmpl and build.xml. In subversion there should be a git:ignore so that locally generated expath-pkg.xml and repo.xml are not included in subversion code.
For examples, see: https://sourceforge.net/p/artdecor/code-0/HEAD/tree/branches/stable/art/
For more information on building xars, see: http://exist-db.org/exist/apps/doc/repo.xml
Creating a new version of an existing package
- Commit your software code, include an (English) subversion comment that describes your changes.
- build.xml: increment the build number:
<property name="project.version" value="0.989.32"/>
- commit the build.xml to the subversion repository
If the project.version is incremented, this can act as a trigger in the package manager to install this new version of the package.
The ART-DECOR repositories are updated daily to include the nightly .xar builds. Locations for the repositories are documented in the installation manual, see Download/software.
The following testscenarios can be used to test ART-DECOR software:
- testscenario test: Test ART-DECOR information standards
- testscenario xistest: Test ART-DECOR xis
- testscenario terminology: Test ART-DECOR terminology
- testscenario ada: Test ART-DECOR ada
Specifically for testing the database:
- testscenario URIs: Test ART-DECOR URIs
- testscenario Terminology URIs: Test ART-DECOR Terminology URIs
Not yet testable: FHIR_URIs
ART-DECOR building and testing
Documentation for automated building and testing against ART-DECOR is located at:
Documentation for running tests against ART-DECOR is located at:
ART-DECOR coding styleguide
The following styleguides are available:
- This page was last modified on 25 October 2018, at 11:36.
- This page has been accessed 10,109 times.